Complete Oral Exams
At Cambridge Dental Associates, we perform a complete and thorough oral exam during your initial visit. During subsequent check-up visits, your dentist and hygienist will also include the following:
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions. (Read more about our use of digital X-rays.)
- Oral cancer screening: We examine your face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: We check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: We use special dental instruments to check all tooth surfaces for decay.
- Examination of existing restorations: We examine the condition of existing fillings, crowns, etc.
In our effort to provide you with the highest quality care, our doctors use the latest technology, such as digital X-rays and the intraoral camera.
For information or to schedule an appointment, call (617) 491-1403, or use our online appointment request form.