Composite (Tooth-Colored) Fillings
Even a subtle change in your smile helps you to project an image of self-confidence and high personal esteem. When you feel good about yourself, it shows in your appearance.
Today's advanced techniques and materials can make a real difference, and the skill, experience, and commitment of our practice — using a unique combination of science and artistry — can literally redesign your smile.
The dentists at Cambridgeside Dental Associates can now correct a wide variety of so-called "permanent" dental problems:
- Missing teeth, gaps between teeth, general bite dysfunction
- Chipped, cracked or worn teeth
- Unsightly, stained, or washed-out fillings
- Permanently stained or discolored teeth
- Crooked or crowded teeth
Advantages of Tooth-Colored Restorations
There are many advantages to tooth colored restorations. Resin onlays are bonded to the teeth creating a tight, superior fit to the natural tooth. Such restorations can be used in instances where much of the tooth structure has been lost. The tooth remains intact and stronger.
Since the resin used in tooth colored restorations contain fluoride this can help prevent decay. The resin wears like natural teeth and does not require placement at the gum line, which is healthier for your gums!
The result is a beautiful smile!
Replacing Silver fillings with a Tooth Colored Restoration
You can have your silver fillings replaced with Tooth colored restorations (onlays). This process requires two appointments.
Your First Appointment:
- The old filling is removed and any additional decay.
- An impression is made of your teeth. A model of your teeth is made and sent to the lab.
- A temporary onlay is placed on the tooth.
Your Second Appointment:
- The temporary onlay is removed.
- A conditioning gel is placed on your tooth to prepare it for the new onlay.
- Bonding cement is placed on the tooth and a high intensity light bonds the resin to the tooth.
- The tooth is then polished.
At the Lab:
A resin is carefully placed into the model of your teeth. It is then designed to look natural.
Your teeth are restored to a natural look and feel, they are stronger and the tooth is protected!
For information or to schedule an appointment, call (617) 491-1403, or use our online appointment request form.